Safety & Security
Meet Our SRO
Officer Nick Gattermeyer with the West Chester Police Department has been a police officer since 2008, and assigned to Endeavor Elementary since 2019. He is a team leader on the sniper unit with the West Chester Police SWAT team. During the summer, he works the road, as he did before coming to Endeavor.
Student safety is the main focus of his job, but he also enjoys relationship building with students, being a positive influence for them, and helping them understand that police officers aren’t just there for the “bad things.” He wants students to feel comfortable talking to officers in uniform.
District Safety & Security
The safety, health, and well-being of Lakota students, staff, volunteers, and visitors is our top priority.
The purpose of this webpage is to provide parents, students, volunteers, and visitors with information on district safety programs and links to helpful resources.
- Schools in Lakota conduct all safety drills required by law and by the Ohio Department of Education.
- Visitors to Lakota schools must sign in at the office and wear a visitor badge while at the school.
- Video cameras are used to monitor activity throughout the schools.
- Any volunteer with unsupervised access to students will be required to pass a criminal background check through our visitor management system, Raptor.
- Bullying and hazing activities of any type are prohibited. No school district employee shall encourage, permit, authorize, condone, or tolerate any bullying or hazing activity.
- Any chemicals brought into a school or on school grounds must have a Material Safety Data Sheet.
Safety Tip Line